No one wants to even consider that they are being bitten and drained of blood on a nightly basis. It is enough to give even the strongest of us the creeps! Unfortunately, the statistics show that one in five Americans has dealt with bed bugs in their home at some point in their lives. The problem only seems to get worse as places other than single-family homes and hotels are reporting incidences annually. Nursing homes, mass transit, dorms, and even hospitals are reporting outbreaks of bed bugs. Our blog today is dedicated to helping our readers spot the signs that they, too, may have a bed bug problem.
- Spots or Itchy Blotches – One of the first and most obvious signs of a bed bug issue are the very itchy marks on your skin. These spots are small, red, usually occur in groups and can be inflamed. Often these bites occur in a line.
- Stains – Many homeowners report that they began realizing that there was a bed bug problem when they saw blood stains on their sheets. Others noticed stains on their box spring or mattress when changing the sheets, especially in the corners and crevices.
- Bug Remains – Other homeowners notice dead bugs at different stages of development on their mattress, walls, or furnishings. This may be a true sign that you have a bed bug problem.
- Musty Odor – Your nose may key you off to a problem as bed bugs tend to have a musty odor similar to that of a wet towel that has been left around for too long.
- Restless Nights – If you have begun to notice that you are tossing and turning throughout the night for no reason, you may have been bitten and not even realize it.
Do you have any of these signs that your home or business has bed bugs? Call Pest-End Exterminators now at 1-800-287-4321, 603-382-9644, or 978-794-4321. Our team can create a treatment plan and even use our canine detection program to root out the locations of your infestation.