Choosing the Best Pest Management Company
December 2, 2014
As a homeowner, caring for your property both inside and out can be a labor of love. But once you spot pests, or even suspect there may be a pest problem, that labor of love may go sour. It might be tempting to rush to your neighborhood hardware store and buy sprays, dusts, traps and all the products you can find. In many cases it may not be possible for the homeowner to properly treat and eliminate the problem without the right equipment, training and knowledge of the behavior of the pest. How then does a homeowner choose the right pest control company? Here are some some things to consider when choosing a professional pest control company.
- Qualifications – Is the company licensed and insured for events occurring on your property? Does the company belong to any professional associations? Does the company have any specialized training and knowledge of the pests that are common in your area?
- Experience – How long has the company been in operation? Are the employees trained to deal with pest problems like yours?
- Reputation – With internet sites like Yelp and Google Reviews. there are quick ways to see what people in your area are saying about the companies you are researching. Also ask neighbors and friends who they have contracted and what their experience was like dealing with the company. Check the web sites to see if they offer any testimonials or customer reviews.
- Value – Does the company offer a free estimate in writing. Is there a long term contract or a warranty offered? Compare rates with competitors both online and in person.
- Customer Service – This may be area that makes or breaks a company. Does the company answer all your questions and explain the work being done and why? Does the company listen your your concerns? Do the employees seem confident and friendly?
Your home is probably your largest asset so protecting it from pest infestation is of critical importance. With a little research, finding the right pest company will help minimize or perhaps eliminate pest damage. Finding a reputable and professional pest control company does not need to be a hassle. Analyze these key areas prior to selection of the company that will be responsible for treating and preventing your pest problem.
Categorised in: Pest Control Company